Thursday, January 3, 2013

Your Cultural Diversity Grades


Your Cultural Diversity Grades

Hi Everyone

Please check your grades on grade book.

Please do not waste my time coming to see me to ask for a higher grade just because you have a low mark. In forty years of teaching I have not once given an extra mark just because a student wants it.

Last year, when a student insisted that I remark his paper, I gave it to another teacher to mark and the student ended up getting up getting even less!

If you have a genuine concern about the grade (very occasionally teachers may make a mistake when they enter a grade to grade book) please email me with your section, name, assignment, grade and an explanation of why you think it is wrong. Then, I will consider rechecking it.

It looks like many students will fail this course unless they do extremely well in the presentation/report.

If you have received a zero as your grade it is either because you plagiarized or failed to hand it in by the deadline – three weeks ago. Of course, there are no extensions.

Students who have written at a level so very much higher than they are capable of will be asked to hand-write two paragraphs of my choosing in front of me and then the original and handwritten one will be taken to the supervisor for comparison.

I look forward to watching some quality presentation.

Good Luck

Frankie

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Blog in regards of cultural diversity. Motivational stuff.
    Fons Trompenaars

    ReplyDelete